Most Ship-owners manage the buying of spares, supplies (e.g. stores, provisions) and services in shore-based purchasing departments, therefore the first key requirement of an electronic purchasing system is that it can receive requisitions from onboard systems automatically.
Fortune Purchasing module is specially designed to meet the above requirements and fully supports the buying of spares, supplies & services. It covers all aspects of a purchase cycle that can be deployed to your office and onboard the vessels and it is an integral part of Fortune Maritime Solution.
The items for supplies & services are listed into catalogues per item category, general for all vessels, while the spare parts are structured into tree view format according to manufacturers’ specifications. The spare parts are specifically linked to vessels, as the machinery and equipment are not unified.
Fortune Purchasing is a best-in-class integrated module and provides the following features:
- Complete Requisition Processing Cycle (Requisition from Vessel – Request for Quotation – Quotation – Quotation Evaluation – Purchase Order – Delivery – Purchase Invoice) without data transcription in any intermediate phase.
- Automatic unit of measures & unit cost conversions during Quotation Evaluation.
- Alert to avoid duplication of an item/order.
- Optimizes purchase quantity and vendor selection process.
- Full and easy control over requisitions, pending requisitions, critical spares requirements, requisition process, pending quotations, purchase orders, deliveries and invoices.
- Merge multiple requisitions.
- Transfer Order (including items from different purchase receipts) from a location (e.g. warehouse) to another location or vessel.
- Monitor purchase order(s) cost per item category.
- Budget Management (planning and cost control). Automatic calculation of impact on budget per purchase order.
- Physical Inventory reporting aboard based on enquiries created on office side application.
- Complete Inventory with evaluation and view of multiple years purchasing history, analysis by vessel, total amount expenditure, analysis for specific machinery/area, etc.
- Vendors’ Price Lists.
- Vendors’ Evaluation.
- Management reports, including what was purchased, by whom, for which vessel, which machinery/area of usage and amount expenditure.
- Workflow Management. Approval procedures on all stages of the Requisition Processing Cycle based on defined business rules & setup according to company’s needs.
- Customizable screens according to user responsibilities and preferences.
- Notifications mechanism, alerting a single or a group of users ensuing from predefined conditions (e.g. incoming requisitions from vessels, vessel receipts, documents’ approval etc.).
- Embedded Internal Chat system (Enhanced Notes) to facilitate communication among office users, or office users and Vessels.
- Extensive reporting capabilities. Dynamic representation of charts according to user’s preferences, as well as generation of statistical information, graphs, calculations etc. on all data inserted.
- Performance Management (KPIs) for process within the system.
- Central Roles & Permissions Management.
- Role Based dashboard.
- Replication (Data transfer ship to shore and vice versa via satellite).
- Interfaces with other systems.